Gavin

Gavin

Friday, September 25, 2015

Learning Log Week 4

MATH: I was adding and subracting into the large whole numbers into the thousands.  I will be taking a Quiz today.

LANGUAGE ARTS: I have been reading Fable Haven. It literally is about Fable Haven. In the book there are two kids about my age when they go to their Grandma and Grandpa house every changes. when they drunk the milk they were introduced to the magical world of Fable Haven. For writing I have been doing specific nouns and verbs. For example instead of tree lets say ever green.

Here I am reading.


SCIENCE: Last Wednesday we did science with some friends that homeschool.  I learned the Scientific Method. 1. Observation 2. Hypothesis (guess) 3. Experiment  4. Results  5. Conclusion  6. Celebrate (not actually a part but should be) :)  We learned about Newton's law of motion.  Something that's in motion tends to stay in motion like a marble will keep rolling on a flat surface, but not on the carpet because it's bumpy.  The marble also stops when it hits an object.  We also threw a tennis ball to see how it arched through the air then we taped a small string to it and threw it.  When the resistance hit it it went straight down because its motion was stopped and gravity took over.

Something else cool that I did last night was watch the Blood Moon.The moon becomes red when the Earth becomes in between the moon and the sun where the sun can't give the moon light so the moon gathers scattered light from the sides of the earth.  And the blood moon is just really cool.

Here's a picture of me with my brothers on the trampoline watching the blood moon.


GAME DESIGN: I'm still stuck.  I will be asking people to help me soon.

KARATE: I'm learning a new form.  I have to make up two of my own one steps and I already have one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment